WHAT IS A WOODEN WICK AND WHY DO YOU USE THEM?
- Wooden Wicks produce a tantalizing crackling sound when burning
- Wooden Wicks have no mushrooming with little carbon buildup, debris or soot
- Wooden Wicks are rigid and require no straightening
- Wooden Wicks provide optimal performance and visual aesthetic
- Wooden Wicks achieve a fast melt pool formation for quick and excellent hot throw
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING A WOODEN WICK OVER A COTTON WICK?
- Wooden Wicks create a unique visual effect and create a unique horizontal flame
- In larger diameter candles, Wooden Wicks can produce a full melt pool with only one wick eliminating the need to use multiple wicks
- Wooden Wicks create a soft crackling sound when burning for added ambiance
- Being rigid, Wooden Wicks are very easy to use and last longer, saving time and money
- Wooden Wicks do not mushroom, have little to no carbon build-up, no debris and no soot like cotton wicks
- We believe Wooden Wicks add a modern, unique and more upscale look to our candles
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO USE MY NEW MAGIC CANDLE COMPANY CANDLE?
Because our wood wick candles are unique, they can occasionally display different burning characteristics than other candles. Here are a few simple steps to ensure the best burn every time:
- Light the wick all the way across, not just on one end. This helps the candle to burn evenly.
- Allow the candle to burn until the wax melts out to all the edges of the vessel. This may take about 30 to 60 minutes. The flame height may vary at times and occasionally even appear to self-extinguish, but it's OK. Even if you are experiencing a “low” flame, it will continue to heat and the flame height will return. The recommended burn time is 3-4 hours.
- Keep the candle away from drafts, such as ceiling fans, air conditioners or breezes
- Never move or handle the candle while burning. This is very unsafe, and pouring or removing liquid wax from the vessel will cause the wick to extinguish.
- Keep the wick trimmed to between ⅛ and ¼ inch. If the candle begins to smoke, or if the flame height is greater than 1½ inches, gently blow out the candle, allow the wick and wax to cool, and trim the wick by gently running your finger across the top of it. Remove all wick trimmings before relighting.
- For your safety, the candle is designed to self-extinguish when ⅜ inch of wax remains.
WHAT ARE THE BURN TIMES OF YOUR CANDLES?
Our 8 oz. candles have an approximate burn time of 30-40 hours and our 16 oz. candles have an approximate burn time of 70-80 hours.
WHEN WILL NEW SCENTS BE COMING OUT?
We are just beginning to roll out our new store with the current fragrances you see now. We have about 50 different scents planned and they will be popping up over the next few months so be sure to check back often and sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on new scents and discounts.
WHEN WILL MY ORDER SHIP?
Orders usually ship out within 5 to 7 business days.
HOW MUCH DOES SHIPPING COST?
Our shipping charges are based on the weight of your order and the zip code it is going to. Our website calculates this for you during the checkout process.
DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
We do ship orders internationally via USPS. All orders are calculated by country and weight during the checkout process. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches the recipient’s country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and can’t predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for more information.
CAN I RECOMMEND A PARK AND RESORT FRAGRANCE THAT I DON'T SEE AVAILABLE?
We are always looking for new fragrances and are probably working on it now if you don't see it listed in our store. Always feel free to drop us a line and we will do our best to make your desired fragrance available to order as soon as possible.
CAN I RETURN MY ORDER?
If you find that you do not like the scent you ordered, we do take returns on unused products. You must contact us within 72 hours of receiving your order (determined by the tracking provided). Customers are required to cover shipping cost to return your order to us. Once we receive your return, we will inspect the product and, upon our approval, your refund will be issued minus the cost of shipping.
WHAT IF MY PACKAGE IS LOST?
We are not responsible for lost packages. We always recommend contacting your local post office first. If they are not able to assist you further, please contact us immediately so we can file a claim, etc. If the Post Office deems your package as lost, we allow you to order a replacement at a 50% discount.