WHAT IS A WOODEN WICK AND WHY DO YOU USE THEM?
- Wooden Wicks produce a tantalizing crackling sound when burning
- Wooden Wicks have no mushrooming with little carbon buildup, debris or soot
- Wooden Wicks are rigid and require no straightening
- Wooden Wicks provide optimal performance and visual aesthetic
- Wooden Wicks achieve a fast melt pool formation for quick and excellent hot throw
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING A WOODEN WICK OVER A COTTON WICK?
- Wooden Wicks create a unique visual effect and a unique horizontal flame
- In larger diameter candles, Wooden Wicks can produce a full melt pool with only one wick eliminating the need to use multiple wicks
- Wooden Wicks create a soft crackling sound when burning for added ambiance
- Being rigid, Wooden Wicks are very easy to use and last longer, saving time and money
- Wooden Wicks do not mushroom, have little to no carbon build-up, no debris and no soot like cotton wicks
- We believe Wooden Wicks add a modern, unique and more upscale look to our candles
WHAT KIND OF WAX DO YOU USE TO MAKE YOUR CANDLES AND WAX MELTS?
Magic Candle Company® candles and wax melts are made with a custom combination of 2/3 soy wax, 1/3 paraffin wax to achieve a strong scent throw. The soy/paraffin wax combination that we use is nontoxic and has to meet certain standards which are monitored by the US government before it can be marketed as a wax that is safe for use in candles. We have also had our candles lab tested which is one of the requirements for us to manufacture candles for Universal Studios.
WHY DO YOU USE SOY AND PARAFFIN WAX AND NOT SOY WAX ONLY? ISN'T SOY WAX SUPPOSED TO BE HEALTHIER?
The soy/paraffin wax combination we use is nontoxic or we certainly wouldn’t use it in our products nor would we want our customers, staff, family members and children to be around something that is considered to be toxic or unhealthy. Unfortunately using 100% soy wax was not giving us the strong scent throw we desired for our candles and wax melts. In our opinion, there is nothing worse than buying a candle or wax melt and it not having a strong scent throw. Contrary to popular belief, and depending on where it was made, soy wax candles can also emit chemicals into the air if not manufactured properly. Over 90% of soybean crops in the United States are genetically modified and are grown using pesticides. Our soy wax manufacturer processes their soybean oil to filter out any genetically modified material as well as any potentially present herbicides or pesticides. Not all soy wax manufacturers do this however which means a large portion of soy wax candles have the potential to emit chemicals into the air from these herbicides and pesticides if they aren’t lab tested as our candles are. That’s why you may find candle companies selling candles very cheap; who knows where that soy wax came from. Magic Candle Company® only uses top quality, lab tested suppliers within the US and our wax has been lab tested for candle safety.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO USE MY NEW MAGIC CANDLE COMPANY® CANDLE?
Because our wood wick candles are unique, they can occasionally display different burning characteristics than other candles. Here are a few simple steps to ensure the best burn every time:
- Light the wick all the way across, not just on one end. This helps the candle to burn evenly.
- Allow the candle to burn until the wax melts out to all the edges of the vessel. This may take about 30 to 60 minutes. The flame height may vary at times and occasionally even appear to self-extinguish, but it's OK. Even if you are experiencing a “low” flame, it will continue to heat and the flame height will return. The recommended burn time is 3-4 hours.
- Keep the candle away from drafts, such as ceiling fans, air conditioners or breezes.
- Never move or handle the candle while burning. This is very unsafe, and pouring or removing liquid wax from the vessel will cause the wick to extinguish.
- Keep the wick trimmed to ¼ inch. If the candle begins to smoke, or if the flame height is greater than 1½ inches, gently blow out the candle, allow the wick and wax to cool, and trim the wick. Remove all wick trimmings before relighting.
- For your safety, the candle is designed to self-extinguish when ⅜ inch of wax remains.
WHAT IF MY CANDLE STARTS TO TUNNEL?
Tunneling can be caused by a few things and here are some tips to prevent and fix it:
1) Let the candle burn for several hours when first lit. This will allow the whole top layer of the candle to melt out to the very edges. This will also form a ‘memory’ melt the next time you light the candle.
2) Never burn your candle underneath a ceiling fan or drafty area.
3) If your candle has already tunneled, make your candle a tin foil hat with a small hole on the top. This will allow heat to radiate down and melt the edge wax. In most cases, the wax will melt to the edges within 15 - 30 minutes with the foil. When removing the foil hat, remember it will be hot and may burn you. CLICK HERE to view a short video we found to give you an example of how to fix your candle with foil.
4) If you’re having trouble getting the edges to melt down, you can also cut the edge areas off and melt them in a wax melt warmer to get the most out of the fragrance but the above steps should definitely fix the tunnel issue. Our candles can also be warmed on a candle warming plate which would warm the tin to melt the wax and release the scent without a flame. CLICK HERE to see an example of one we offer if you would like a flameless alternative.
WHAT SIZE CANDLES DO YOU OFFER AND WHAT ARE THE BURN TIMES OF EACH ONE?
We offer two candle sizes, a small 7.25 oz. candle which measures 3 1/8 x 2" and a 13.25 oz. candle which measures 3 3/4 x 2 1/2". Our 7.25 oz. candles have an approximate burn time of 40 hours and our 13.25 oz. candles have an approximate burn time of 80 hours.
HOW DO I ACCESS AND USE MY MAGIC REWARD POINTS?
You can access the Magic Rewards Program by clicking on the orange Magic Rewards button located at the bottom left corner of our website or by clicking HERE to open the Magic Rewards panel.
WHEN WILL NEW SCENTS BE COMING OUT?
We have a large variety of new scents planned and they will be popping up over the next few months so be sure to check back often and sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on new scents and discounts.
WHEN WILL MY ORDER SHIP?
While we strive to ship out orders as quickly as possible, many of our products are hand poured and have to cure prior to shipping. Due to extremely high order volume, orders are currently shipping within 5 - 10 business days (Monday - Friday). If you have already placed an order, we will email you as soon as your shipping label is printed with your tracking number. Please be aware that orders can take up to 14 business days or more to ship during our busiest time of year which begins on Black Friday until New Years Day.
HOW MUCH DOES SHIPPING COST?
Our shipping charges are based on the weight of your order and the zip code it is going to. Our website calculates this for you during the checkout process.
DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
We currently offer international shipping to select countries. Please be aware that all orders are calculated by country and weight during the checkout process. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches the recipient’s country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for more information. We also do not offer exchanges on international orders. If you find that you do not like a product, we do take returns on unused products only. The recipient is responsible for returning the product to us for a refund. Please be aware that shipping is not refundable. The refund will be for the cost of the product only.
CAN I RECOMMEND A FRAGRANCE THAT I DON'T SEE AVAILABLE?
We are always looking for new fragrances and are probably working on it now if you don't see it listed in our store. Always feel free to drop us a line and we will do our best to make your desired fragrance available to order as soon as possible.
CAN I RETURN OR EXCHANGE MY ORDER?
If you find that you do not like the scent or product you ordered, we do take returns or exchanges on unused products. You must contact us within 15 days of receiving your order (determined by the tracking provided). Customers are required to cover the shipping cost to return your order to us. Once we receive your return, we will inspect the product and, upon our approval, your refund will be issued minus the cost of shipping. Please note that shipping is not refundable. In cases where a customer prefers an exchange, we will have a new scent or product of your choice shipped out at our expense. Please be aware that we do not offer exchanges on international orders.
WHAT IF MY PACKAGE IS LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED?
While we are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged shipments, we do our best to assist our customers when a package has an issue in transit. If a shipment is lost or shows as delivered but is not at your location, we always recommend contacting FedEx or your local post office first as well as leaving a note for your courier explaining what happened. If they are not able to assist you further, please contact us immediately so we can file a claim. If the Post Office or FedEx deems your package as lost or damaged, we will work with you to have a replacement sent out. Please note that packages deemed stolen by FedEx or USPS will not be approved for a refund. If a customer receives a damaged shipment and we offer to send a replacement shipment out but the customer prefers a refund, a claim would need to be filed with the shipping company and approved by them in order to receive a refund. The damaged order may also be return by the customer for a refund as well however the cost to ship the package back is the responsibility of the customer.
WHY ARE MY WAX MELTS SOFT AND DIFFICULT TO REMOVE FROM THE PLASTIC CONTAINER?
We use the max amount of fragrance oil to wax ratio possible so you may find our melts to be softer than others. We also do not use any chemical hardening agents like some other companies do as we like to keep the product as natural as possible. If you find the wax soft and hard to get out, we recommend using a butter knife to scrape the wax out of the container and into your warmer.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE USED TO MAKE YOUR FRAGRANCE OILS?
Our fragrance oils, also known as aroma oils, contain synthetic aroma compounds that are diluted with essential oil. They are purely aromatic, having a pleasant and distinctive smell. All of our fragrance oils are phthalate free and adhere to the strictest standards of safety and purity.
DO YOU OFFER A WARRANTY ON YOUR WAX WARMERS AND DIFFUSERS?
All Magic Candle Company® wax warmers and diffusers come with a 6 month warranty. If your warmer or diffuser has an issue within 6 months from the date it was purchased, we will replace the device for you.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR YOUR MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION BOX?
We offer a monthly subscription box called the Magic Fragrance Box® that features our most magical fragrances inspired by your favorite vacation destinations. Each month you will receive a new magical fragrance containing a 8 oz. candle, 4 oz. room spray, wax melt and air freshener for your car. All of these products add up to a $48.00 value but you receive them all each month for only $24.95, saving you over $23.00 a month! It's the perfect way to bring the magical and familiar scents of your favorite vacation destination home. Visit our subscription box website MagicFragranceBox.com to learn more.
HOW DO I CANCEL MY MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION BOX?
If for any reason you should decide to end your monthly Magic Fragrance Box® subscription, all you have to do is login to your account at MagicFragranceBox.com and cancel your subscription.
WHEN WILL MY MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION BOX SHIP?
We ship new subscription boxes out between the 1st - 4th day of every month. For example, if you start a subscription on April 1st, your first box will ship on May 1st. If you start a subscription on April 15th, your first box will ship on May 1st. If you start a subscription on April 28th, your first box will ship on May 1st.